I have been preparing a talk/presentation for a local women’s church group about my jewellery/digital scrapbooking/blog/faith and I have realised the following:
- I miss digital scrapbooking and I intend to do more this year
Here are a few of my favourite layouts:
In fact it was digital scrapbooking that led me to blogging (I was on several digital scrapbook designers Creative Teams, and needed a blog to showcase their layouts).
- I enjoyed looking back over some of the blog headers I have created in the past (been blogging almost 6 years, so there have been a few!)
- I do get nervous when speaking to a group – and why I thought, when asked, that it would be a good idea to agree!
- It has been quite a journey over the last 10 years – 10 years ago I was married with 2 kids and working part time in the Bank.
I am still married of course, but I now have THREE kids, I left the bank and now work from home, primarily making and selling jewellery in shops throughout Northern Ireland and beyond!
- I have a passion for blogging, social media, photography and iphone photography (apart of photography I didn’t really know the others existed, and some hadn’t even been invented!) and in about 5 weeks time I am TEACHING a workshop at our local Arts Centre on iphoneography!
2 March, Lagan Island Arts Centre in Lisburn, at 1.30pm – Book now!
Here are a few of my favourite iphone photos
- It is just over 3 weeks until we head to Orlando, Florida. On these cold, dark, frosty mornings I am looking forward to some heat (it may not seem warm to the local Floridians but it is all relative!)
- Finally it has been exam time for my 2 daughters, and as I have asked them some of their subjects as part of their revision I learned
- I am amazed that I ever understood how to solve Simultaneous Quadratic Equations (and if this is only 4th year Additional Maths)
- That I still remember some of the Economics I learned at school
- That having school exams a week into January sort of ruins the Christmas break as the kids spend a lot of it either revising, or feeling guilty for not revising
- Having your exams BEFORE Christmas would be much more civilised. Wonder could we start a campaign?
Have you learned anything this week? Please share, or join in with Julie over at From Inmates to Playdates (she used to work in a prison – hence the blog name)