It’s that time again, for some more lessons learned.
Since last week, here is what has been happening, and what lessons I have learned
1. Our cat prefers to stay indoors when it snows (which isn’t often here in N Ireland), but kept a close eye on the snowman building
2. When a friend tells you to only expect 5 – 10 people will come to the meeting where you are speaking, don’t believe her! TWENTY FIVE turned up! (I know she just didn’t want me to be disappointed but I scared me half to death!)
I had kindly been invited to Women@Maze Presbyterian to share a bit about my faith, my digi scrapbooking and my jewellery. Of course I added in some blogging and iphoneography.
If you are new to my blog, having heard me speak last week – you are very welcome! It was a lovely evening, about a dozen ladies made bracelets, and I did a spontaneous demonstration of digi-scrapping to some others.
3. When you share with a church group about your experience of Post Natal Depression for the first time in front of your eldest teenage daughter, expect to be a bit emotional – but it was lovely to be able to chat with her about it after.
4. We don’t cope very well here with snow in Northern Ireland! Yesterday we had a sudden heavy snow fall. To prove it – this photo was taken about 2.50pm, which waiting for the school pickup. At that point there was just some sleet
This was about 15 minutes later on the way home (I was parked safely, waiting for someone while I took this pic – not using my iphone while driving!)
and within a few minutes of this iphone pic, almost every hill in our town was proving too slippy for traffic, and traffic chaos ensued. Somehow other countries seem to cope!
Thankfully both my daughters walked home, as once I got home with our son, I definitely didn’t want to have to head out again.
My husband took THREE hours to get about 7 miles home from Belfast, and in the end abandonned his car in a side road and walked the last mile.
5. Unexpected SNOW DAYS are great! Everyone was able to stay home from school/work today – and there has been lots of snowmen built by the kids in our street.
6.When you work from home you don’t need to worry about driving in the snow to commute to work (across the hall to my dining room) to www.janmarydesigns.com. Technically I didn’t have the day off but I have had a lovely snowy view today as I have been sitting making jewellery – stocking up on my popular heart pendants today – which one is your favourite colour?
The choices are red, green, teal, purple (a non-heart!) and pink.(all available to purchase)
7. I am learning to accept that the number of comments on my blog is not an indication of how many visitors my blog has, and how long they stay ….. there just seem to be a lot less comments on my blog these days.
8. Unless of course you count the comments from various “fascinating” websites who are much keener on me to visit their links than to actually read my blog (they rhyme with HAM, but I dont want to include the phrase in my blog!).
These are deleted no matter how flattering they try to be about my blog. I really do wonder does this technique every actually result in worthwhile traffic to any of these websites? I suppose it must or they wouldn’t be paying someone to leave these sorts of comments on blogs.
Here are a few wee examples from yesterday:
” is there any other website which presеnts suсh datа in quаlіty? Feel free to surf my webpage” – no thanks!
“I read this paragraph completely concerning the difference of latest and earlier technologies, it’s amazing article. My weblog …” – not sure what that means but no thanks!
Rant over …… thanks!
For more lessons learned, join the lovely Julie who hosts “What I Learned this Week”
So over to you – did YOU learn anything this week?