Janmary Does Autumn / Fall in Northern IrelandThis is the first post in a series on Autumn. As I write more posts, I will link to them here in this post.
Inspired by The Inspired Room (appropriately enough) on this first day of October I want to share 20 things I love about this autumn season (with some photos from previous autumns shared on this blog)
1. Crisp bright mornings
2. Apple Crumble (I think you might call it Apple Crisp in the US)
3. Wearing my boots
4. Buying new scarf and gloves
5. The changing colour of the leaves in the park
6. My son's birthday (he turns 8 next week)
7. Decorating the house with a few autumny-things
8. Breathing "smoke" with my son on the way to school on a chilly day
9. Collecting conkers in the park
10. Having our own "Nature Table" for leaves, seeds, berries and cones
11. Planting bulbs for spring - really must try to actually DO that this year.
12. Picking wild blackberries down the lane
13. Carving pumpkins
(although in my childhood we didn't have them, so made do with carving turnips - yes - like trying to carve a brick!!!)
14. Listened to the stormy weather outside, while tucked up in bed
15. My electric blanket
16. The open fire at the cottage
17. Trick or Treating with the kids
18.Fall Fest Celebration at our church - free community event with lots of non-scary activities for the whole family
19. Crunching through the leaves
20. Pressing leaves with my son - then finding them several years later!
So there you have it ...... my 20 things I love about autumn / fall.
What about you? Any you would add? Do share in the comments below EVEN if you never have commented before ..... you know who you are!!!
I'm taking part and linking up to 5th Annual Fall Nesting Parties/ Link Ups. Click the button below for lots more bloggers taking part.