So the downstairs cloakroom makeover is complete!
Great to have all work done – no more workmen noise and dust. Was never quite sure what the house would be like when I came home, but now the house is our own again.
Here is was before
So nothing too dramatic – just replaced the sink and toilet, tiled and painted. Still need to accessorise a bit. I love the dark mirror in our recently made-over bathroom so may look for similar on smaller scale.
Currently using some turquoise accents, but considering a fresh green shade – what would you use?
So what have I learned this week?
- To have fun with the kids we don’t need anything fancy – there is no play area in this small park but just exploring and the occasional race was fun.
The last photo is just to “keep it real” and that not everyone was happy the entire time!
- Kids parties – when your son is invited to a birthday party it is best to check the time BEFORE you get there! At least we were 30 minutes early, not late!!
- One of my fave parts of JanMary Designs is planning and creating wedding jewellery – will share my latest commission (for 2 bridesmaids and mother of the bride) when I can (after the wedding!).
- Elections – having tried to explain to my kids about the different political parties, and that after the General Election we will know who has won, who will form the next UK government and who the prime minister will be…..5 days on, at the time of writing this post, we are none the wiser. It is however refreshing to see politicians trying to agree and find common ground for a change.
Edited to add – Gordon Brown has just gone to see the Queen, so momentarily we are without a Prime Minister. David Cameron expected to be summoned to Buckingham Palace shortly to see the Queen – history in the making!
- It is also great to see all the campaign posters which are liberally attached to all the local lamp posts being removed – there is only so long I want to see the face of a smiling would-be Member of Parliament. Sorry – no photo – could not bear to take a picture of them!
- Finally – I learned I won – not either of the recent Blogger competitions, but a Hydrating Facial at a local spa thanks to http://www.readyforten.com which is a parents resource website. Really looking forward to some pampering – so I will be sure to share about it when it happens.
For more lessons learned this week, visit Julie at From Inmates to Playdates
Going to be a sociable week ahead – the Tuesday morning group are coming over on Thursday evening and planning to meet this blogger for dinner next Monday in Belfast!