Cloakroom Makeover and More Lessons Learned

So the downstairs cloakroom makeover is complete!

Great to have all work done – no more workmen noise and dust. Was never quite sure what the house would be like when I came home, but now the house is our own again.

Here is was before

So nothing too dramatic – just replaced the sink and toilet, tiled and painted.  Still need to accessorise a bit. I love the dark mirror in our recently made-over bathroom so may look for similar on smaller scale.

Currently using some turquoise accents, but considering a fresh green shade – what would you use?

So what have I learned this week?

The last photo is just to “keep it real” and that not everyone was happy the entire time!

Edited to add – Gordon Brown has just gone to see the Queen, so momentarily we are without a Prime Minister. David Cameron expected to be summoned to Buckingham Palace shortly to see the Queen – history in the making!

For more lessons learned this week, visit Julie at From Inmates to Playdates

Going to be a sociable week ahead – the Tuesday morning group are coming over on Thursday evening and planning to meet this blogger for dinner next Monday in Belfast!

13 comments on Cloakroom Makeover and More Lessons Learned

1. Southern Lady
    11/05/2010 at 8:31 pm (4 years ago)

Looks like you have learned a lot of lessons lately. Congratulations on your win! Spa treatments are always a good thing! Carla

2. Creative Junkie
    12/05/2010 at 3:03 am (4 years ago)

I love that you call it a cloakroom. We call it a powder room (a bathroom that has no bath tub or shower in it). A cloakroom to us is a room in which to store coats!

3. Becca @ Our Crazy Boys
    12/05/2010 at 9:54 pm (4 years ago)

I LOVE that you call your bathroom a cloakroom… it makes me smile :)

And i love you pictures from the park! Especially the one that keeps it real :)

4. elizabeth
    12/05/2010 at 10:55 pm (4 years ago)

I hope you decide to go with the green accents for your powder room – you will understand why after Monday night!!!
    There’s also some yummy goodies for the kids in my suitcase – although with the amazing chocolate here I think you have us beat!!!
    See you on Monday -
    posted a bunch of pictures today – we are loving it – beautiful weather too

5. girlie
    12/05/2010 at 11:07 pm (4 years ago)

hi janmary! i agree with you that sometimes we don’t need anyting fancy to entertain kids. and that the last photo of your son sitted on the ground is but a normal thing that happens also — it cannot be fun all the time. but what is important is ‘there was a fun part’.
    i watch the UK election on CNN and it was amazing how everything was one. i am not a very ‘political’ person… i don’t like political discussions. i just like watching and listening. in the philippines, we also had our national election but back home everything is done differently (i cannot even describe it!!) i just wish both our countries will have a better future…

6. Rachel@oneprettything.com
    12/05/2010 at 11:57 pm (4 years ago)

That wall color is gorgeous! I love the turquoise idea. I also think red and a deep brown would go well.

7. bentonflocke
    13/05/2010 at 2:49 pm (4 years ago)

the makeover turned out fantastic – beautiful colours. Great pictures of your fun in the park I also agree that we don´t need something fancy all the time to entertain the children.

13/05/2010 at 7:39 pm (4 years ago)

Oh Lala!

Your bathroom is so tasteful and sleek. Must be a pleasure to even… clean!

Your photos are LOVELY – glad to see your copyright overtop – I was listening online to a podcast where they discussed how even reputable companies have “hijacked” personal photos from websites. Love the one of your son, at the end. Thats how I feel, often.

I’m DYING to see your wedding jewellery.

Mom and Dad to arrive ANY second, 4 days early and staying for THREE weeks! Eeek! But I managed to sneak your blog in ‘tween cleaning and eating.

Hope your week goes well, and your meeting with your blog friend, it will be ME one day. One FINE day.

~ Barb

9. grammy
    13/05/2010 at 8:33 pm (4 years ago)

I kept looking for a closet…a place to keep a cloak…
    I guess it is your bathroom (o:
    to bad the words are covering the little mad sad face
    we are all familiar with those (o:

10. Leanne
    15/05/2010 at 10:12 am (4 years ago)

Aw bless him, Chloe has moments like too, but then don’t we all:) The cloakroom looks lovely and I think that green will go well too.

11. Marcia (123 blog)
    11/02/2012 at 8:43 pm (2 years ago)

love your bathroom and the turquoise is great – what did you end up going with?

LOVE your son’s red hair!

12. ashley@decorology
    05/09/2012 at 8:17 pm (2 years ago)

Great Job!