On the 14th day of December….BooMama and her tour of homes comes to town!

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

Ever since joining the BooMama house tour last year, I have been looking forward to taking part in this one.

Also welcome to readers of Hooked on Houses – 2 parties, double the fun.

If you have not been here before, welcome. In my blog I share about my christian faith, my family life here in Northern Ireland, and my passion for photography and digital scrapbooking.

So come on in, and have a look around. I have been blogging daily about our Christmas decorations and traditions since the beginning of the month, so for regular readers some of this might be a little familiar.

Here is our hall tree with a bit of a red/traditional theme going on. It is also where the kids hang their home-made decorations – but not tinsel or coloured lights – anything else goes.

Also on the hall table is our christmas nativity pyramid from austria, which my son named “The Jesus Helicopter”. On the 4 sunday evenings before Christmas as a family we light the candles and sing a carol together. The birth of Jesus is a very important aspect of Christmas, and I hope we are helping our kids to appreciate this.

Next come into our living room (also known by our kids as the “new” room, even though it is over 3 years since it was redecorated!). Here the tree is my domain, and I have a cream/gold/natural theme (again, no coloured lights or tinsel).

By day

and by night

Our fireplace/mantlepiece

Some of my favourite natvity sets.

How about something to eat. At this time of year the chances are you would be offered some mini mince pies, a piece of Christmas cake, or some of my mum’s special home made florentines. They are legendary amongst my friends, and rightly so.

On with the tour. Here are a few of the decorations in my dining room.

It is here we will be enjoying our Christmas Dinner. There will be 10 for dinner this year. Here are some photos of the table and food from last year.

This was what we served

And our crackers ready for this year

EDITED TO ADD I forgot Christmas Crackers are not known about everywhere. I will do a separate post about them this week, but in the meantime, you can check out more details HERE.

Before you go, here are a few more of my favourite decorations.

Some more nativity sets

Some mini christmas trees

Some nesting Sanata ~(like Russian Dolls)

It has been lovely to have you here, and if you would like to visit again and read more about Christmas here in Northern Ireland, you can subscribe to my feed by clicking on the link below the “Feed” button in the left column. You could also choose to “Follow” my blog in the right column.

Finally, as I mentioned before I love to digital scrap, and have managed to incorporate some digital scrapbooking into my Christmas too.

I made these Christmas baubles of my kids

and this is our family Christmas Card for this year.

You can see more of my digital scrapbooking over at J M Digital Designs – and I take orders!

Happy Christmas, and blessings to you and yours this Christmas, wherever you may be.

For even more Christmas Homes, check out Tip Junkie here.

I know the Christmas tour can be hectic, but please leave a comment, and I hope to see you again soon.
post signature

57 comments on On the 14th day of December….BooMama and her tour of homes comes to town!

1. gabs aka evitangel
    14/12/2008 at 8:56 pm (5 years ago)

some beautiful decorations and I really love those baubles!

2. Lori
    14/12/2008 at 9:09 pm (5 years ago)

u so put me in the M\XMAS mood every time I visit this month!!! Merry Christmas!!!

3. Mousey
    14/12/2008 at 10:18 pm (5 years ago)

Oh I love your decorations!!!! Beautiful!

4. Sioux
    14/12/2008 at 10:25 pm (5 years ago)

I love seeing your home. Just beautiful!

5. Leanne
    14/12/2008 at 10:26 pm (5 years ago)

I love all of your decorations.

And the trees are beautiful. I may have to have a tree of my own next year if I want to have my white lights back again.

14/12/2008 at 10:33 pm (5 years ago)

sigh … can I come to YOUR house for Christmas? LOL. Actually we will be at our Mother in Law’s and she decorates mightily, inside in out but w/o a tree. I will take pics there, for she is much more festively decked out than me.

I’m more boughs and some favorite ornaments than anything.

Its really Dec. 14th, right? I had to double check the calendar. Everything keeps spinning faster and faster …

Do you have snow yet, by the way? We have had two days now. Finally its just a few flakes coming down here and there. Mr. Miles is out moving some of the white stuff now in lieu of a workout at the gym, and putting sand in some slidey areas.

Thank you for sharing your beautiful home and traditions. Funny, takes weeks and days of preparation and its all over in just a few.

7. JoLiv
    14/12/2008 at 11:20 pm (5 years ago)

I love your Christmas decorations. Can’t believe you have so many presents wrapped and put under your tree!

8. Tiffany
    15/12/2008 at 2:28 am (5 years ago)

Oh my new friend, love the photos and all things Christmas related which you shared! How lovely! Thanks for inviting us into your warm home this blistery time of year! May you and yours be very blessed!

9. Lisa @ Take90West
    15/12/2008 at 5:45 am (5 years ago)

I don’t know what to say! I love everything, especially the nesting Santas and the ‘helicopter Jesus.’

Did I miss a post explaining about the crackers? I don’t know what those are, food or fireworks? They look very festive on the table, though!

10. Colored With Memories
    15/12/2008 at 7:01 am (5 years ago)

so fun to meet an irish blogger! my hubby is scot-irish and we hope to visit the isles some day!

your home and decor are beautiful. love all of your nativities!

come visit our TEXAS tree!

11. leslie ruth
    15/12/2008 at 7:34 am (5 years ago)

All I can think of when I see “The Jesus Helicopter” is Cousin Eddie from National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation knocking off all the blades…too funny :)

12. Cate
    15/12/2008 at 8:33 am (5 years ago)

You have the most beautiful decorations – a wonderful tour!

I’ll be back to visit your blog. Thanks so much for sharing!

Cheers,
    Cate in NZ

13. Rhondi
    15/12/2008 at 12:48 pm (5 years ago)

Hi
    Thanks for inviting me to Ireland. I have never been to your beautiful country but hope to see it one day.Your home looks very warma dn festive and I like it that you have lots of nativity scenes. We do too but since we are away this year only one got put out.
    Hugs, Rhondi

14. angela | the painted house
    15/12/2008 at 1:56 pm (5 years ago)

I’m sure Mary was wishing she had a Jesus Helicopter so she didn’t have to ride that donkey! :)

Lovely home! I adore the old-fashioned knit stockings.

thanks for stopping be the painted house!

15. Julia @ Hooked on Houses
    15/12/2008 at 2:37 pm (5 years ago)

We had a “Jesus Helicopter” when I was growing up, and I had completely forgotten about it until I saw yours. How fun! Also enjoyed seeing all of your nativity scenes, and the nesting Santas. Cute!

Thanks for joining my blog party and inviting us into your home. I enjoyed the tour! -Julia :-)

16. Dena @ Green Acres
    15/12/2008 at 2:57 pm (5 years ago)

You have a beautiful home and I love your trees and decorations. And your children are adorable! Thanks for sharing!

17. Amy
    15/12/2008 at 3:09 pm (5 years ago)

I love all the nativity sets! Your house looks so warm and inviting! Thanks for the tour!

18. Leigh Ann
    15/12/2008 at 3:38 pm (5 years ago)

You home is so pretty and I love christmas crackers. My Husbands Great Grandparents were from Ireland, their last name was Rafferty. Christmas Blessings~
    Leigh Ann

19. Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes
    15/12/2008 at 4:41 pm (5 years ago)

So very pretty and seeing that food is making me hungry (morning here). Everything looks pretty! Thank you for the tour!

20. Distybug
    15/12/2008 at 5:13 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks for sharing. I love the Jesus helicopter and the nesting Santas.

Thanks for sharing your heart too. Our kids will only learn about Jesus if we tell them!

21. Erika
    15/12/2008 at 5:20 pm (5 years ago)

Beautiful home and the food makes me so hungry! Mmmmmm… mincemeat pie!! The people here think I’m crazy for loving that stuff!

22. Lady Katherine
    15/12/2008 at 5:38 pm (5 years ago)

So pretty! I wanted to join in on the food. It looked delicious. Could you share your Mom’s florteines?

23. Heather
    15/12/2008 at 6:08 pm (5 years ago)

Your trees are beautiful. I love the “Jesus Helicopter.” My parents have a mini one that they brought over from Germany. The Christmas cake looks delicious!

24. Ashley
    15/12/2008 at 6:28 pm (5 years ago)

What an interesting blog! And I loved your decorations. Everything is so pretty. Come visit me at my house (blog)!

25. Ameratis
    15/12/2008 at 6:35 pm (5 years ago)

What beautiful decorations! Thanks for sharing it is always cool to see places so far away decorated for Christmas!

26. Irritable Mother
    15/12/2008 at 6:47 pm (5 years ago)

OK, that’s it. You simply cannot ever come over to my house. Unless, of course, you come with all your talent and help me decorate!!!
    Your home looks lovely, and yummy!
    Now I’ll just go repent of my jealousy and covetousness. *grin*

27. girlsinwhitedresses
    15/12/2008 at 7:18 pm (5 years ago)

I love it all … favorites? The nesting Santas, the tiny Santas in the dining room, and ALL the food. Thanks for letting me visit Ireland! Merry, merry Christmas!
    Susan

28. The Blonde Duck
    15/12/2008 at 7:20 pm (5 years ago)

Your photos are great! Your blog is so whimsical! I’ll be back!

29. Muddy
    15/12/2008 at 7:54 pm (5 years ago)

Lovely home, lovely card you made of your family. Thank you for sharing!

30. Laura
    15/12/2008 at 9:24 pm (5 years ago)

Beautiful!

31. Headless Mom
    15/12/2008 at 9:24 pm (5 years ago)

Beautiful children!

I love your decorations-I think the helocopter is my favorite. My boys would like it too!

Merry Christmas!

32. Becca and Adam
    15/12/2008 at 9:42 pm (5 years ago)

I love all the nativity scenes – and all those yummy treats!

33. Mrs. Langhans
    16/12/2008 at 12:19 am (5 years ago)

Oh I love your nativity scenes! I also love the crackers! How fun! Merry Christmas!

34. Carrie
    16/12/2008 at 12:32 am (5 years ago)

love, love, love everything!!!

35. Brenda Susan
    16/12/2008 at 12:36 am (5 years ago)

Thnx for the wonderful tour! I love your nativity collection, I collect them too, amazing the variety out there isn’t it? I also have some nesting Santas but could not pry them open this year for some reason. I’ll be back!

36. Anne
    16/12/2008 at 12:51 am (5 years ago)

Everything looks wonderful! I like the tree especially:). Merry Christmas!

37. Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking
    16/12/2008 at 1:07 am (5 years ago)

Those mini mince pies look good! I’d love to try one! Everything looks just great! Thanks for the tour.

Manuela

38. jennwa
    16/12/2008 at 1:09 am (5 years ago)

Everything is so pretty, thanks for the great tour.

Have a great Christmas.

39. Keetha
    16/12/2008 at 1:15 am (5 years ago)

When I was a girl, we had a metal candle pinwheel ornament similar to your wooden one. I had forgotten all about it until I saw yours. Hmmmmm wonder what my parents ever did with it?

Everything looks lovely.

Merry Christmas

40. Paige
    16/12/2008 at 3:41 am (5 years ago)

I love all the nativity sets. Thanks for sharing!

Best wishes to you and your family during this Holiday season.

41. wheretheboysare
    16/12/2008 at 3:49 am (5 years ago)

Lovely! And your pictures are fantastic!

Jackie @ where the boys are

42. Jen
    16/12/2008 at 3:55 am (5 years ago)

I loved your tour. Your nativity sets are beautiful. I’m still in search of the one. I would also love to find a set of Santa nesting dolls. Maybe next year.

I love crackers – I worked with a British girl a couple years ago and she introduced them to me. What a great idea!

Thanks for the tour. My tour should be up in the morning.

43. jill
    16/12/2008 at 12:29 pm (5 years ago)

What a warm and inviting holiday home. Thanks for sharing … Merry Christmas!

44. Kara
    16/12/2008 at 6:13 pm (5 years ago)

I hope one day to visit Ireland! Your home is very beautiful! Merry Christmas from the Great State of Texas!
    In Christ,
    Kara-North Texas
    John 3:30

45. windycorner
    16/12/2008 at 6:47 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks for welcoming us into your home. Your Christmas card is wondeerful with those three precious faces smiling out at us. So cute!
    Merry Christmas,
    Holley

46. Elaine A.
    16/12/2008 at 9:44 pm (5 years ago)

Everything is so lovely! I like all of your nativity sets. I am having a hard time finding just one I like! Merry Christmas!

47. Momsaroo
    17/12/2008 at 6:42 pm (5 years ago)

Everything is just beautiful! I have never seen crackers before and the treats look tempting. Do you make your own Christmas cake or do you buy it? What exactly are florentines-some sort of candied fruit? They are really pretty.

You have done a great job at Decking the Halls!

48. LindaSueBuhl
    18/12/2008 at 12:46 am (5 years ago)

I love the nativity sets – so many variations on a theme. Your home is lovely and warm – thank you for allowing us to just drop in during this busy time of year. Merry Christmas from Texas to Ireland!

49. KarenW
    18/12/2008 at 4:06 am (5 years ago)

You have some very cute nativity sets! Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!!

50. Phillips Phamily Mama
    20/12/2008 at 1:42 am (5 years ago)

I love the multiple nativities! Have a wonderful Christmas holiday; it’s almost here!

51. Michie
    21/12/2008 at 10:52 pm (5 years ago)

Thanks for the tour. The little nesting dolls are so cute!