Day 17 – Welcome To My World BooMama and Guests!

Today we take a break from our advertised scheduled viewing of my blog, and welcome our special guests of BoMama and friends. Today is BooMama’s Christmas Tour of Homes and I am delighted to share a bit of my Northern Ireland home with you all.

Before the (not so) Grand Tour begins however, first, for the die-hard digi scrappers I would like to share the layout I created yesterday….

Let the tour begin….

The obvious place to start is the hall, where we have our red/kiddy tree. Although on the face of it it may appear totally traditional, it is where the kds love to put their homemade decorations. Lights are white and trees are fake – that is the compromise in our family. The kids would love coloured lights, but they need to leave home first!

On the hall table is our Christmas Advent candle “thingy” from Vienna. A few german guests have called it a Christmas Pyramid, but this year it was given a new name – “The Jesus Helicopter” by my 3 year old. I hope Our Lord is not offended. I have included a digital layout of our Christmas Eve Tradition of lighting this Advent and singing carols.

In our living room (still called the “new room” by my kids, even though I redecorated it over 3 years ago!) is our other tree. Gold, natural, cream, chocolate brown theme going on here.

I usually decorate the mantlepiece of the fireplace with cream candles and a green garland, but we didn’t find that box this year. So instead we have an eclectic collection of “stuff”.

and an unconventional visitor to Bethlehem, courtesy of my son Sam, who insisted on jumping around behind me as I took this photo, to make baby Jesus smile.

The dining room is not yet ready, and has restricted access (restricted by my craft stuff, unwrapped presents and general dumping ground) but here are a few of my christmas food photos to whet your appetite.

My Mum’s wonderful chocolate Florentines (thanks Mum)

and some yummy (not home-made) mini mince pies on my new festive plate and bowl.

So that is all folks.

Hope you enjoyed my mini tour.

Thanks for dropping by, and I will continue posting daily until Christmas Eve, so please call in again. If you are interested in more of our christmas photos and traditions, please feel free to look back over decembers posts. If you have never been to Belfast, check my posts HERE where I have a slide show of our Continental Christmas Market (with music!!)

You would be most welcome.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

50 comments on Day 17 – Welcome To My World BooMama and Guests!

1. boyervillescraps
    17/12/2007 at 9:30 am (7 years ago)

Your home is beautiful! I haven’t looked at your blog in awhile, so I’ll have a wonderful time checking out older posts. My family is half Irish, but I’ve never been there, so it will be very interesting to see Belfast in December! Thanks so much for sharing!

2. FionaR
    17/12/2007 at 9:58 am (7 years ago)

What an amazing post! I just love all of the pictures of your Christmas Traditions.
    And you have some absolutely beautiful layouts posted too.
    Wishing you a wonderful and blessed Christmas. :)

3. evitangel
    17/12/2007 at 12:16 pm (7 years ago)

I always love to find you at the blog-train

4. Love Sows Seeds
    17/12/2007 at 12:24 pm (7 years ago)

Your decorations are lovely, and horray I now know what our German ‘Jesus helicopter’ is – a Christmas Pyramid :-)

Blessings from England.

5. Azrood
    17/12/2007 at 1:04 pm (7 years ago)

What a wonderful tour!!! I really enjoyed seeing your trees and the layout with your tradition.

6. Hootin' Anni
    17/12/2007 at 1:09 pm (7 years ago)

Such a treasure! Love the colored ornaments in the glass vase….how festive looking.

Mine’s posted. I have two versions.

A thumbnail short version
    and
    a
    slide show long version.

7. Leigh
    17/12/2007 at 1:37 pm (7 years ago)

Fabulous tour of your home. What a great idea! Just adored seeing it! Thanks so much for sharing this with us today!

8. HeatherManning
    17/12/2007 at 2:21 pm (7 years ago)

How beautiful! All of the pictures! You’re home is just gorgeous. I really wish I had room to decorate like that.

Oh well, someday we’ll have a house and not an apartment. LOL

I LOVE the unconventional visitor to Bethlehem. That is so sweet! Gold, frankincense, Myrrh and whatever goodie Santa brought to baby Jesus. :o)

Have a beautiful day!

9. Kristen
    17/12/2007 at 2:28 pm (7 years ago)

I enjoyed finding your blog, it brought back fond memories of visiting a friend in NI this past May.

10. ellen b.
    17/12/2007 at 3:02 pm (7 years ago)

Oh I so enjoyed my trip to Ireland for this tour. (I hope to really visit here someday soon!) Your house looks great, I love both trees. Blessings…

11. Southern Heart
    17/12/2007 at 3:19 pm (7 years ago)

You have a lovely home, and your tree is so pretty! I loved the look of the ornaments in the glass jar. I’m betting that Jesus is pleased with your son’s joy at Advent season! Your son is adorable!

Merry Christmas,

Andrea

12. Jenni
    17/12/2007 at 4:02 pm (7 years ago)

What cute ornaments and nativities! I loved it all; thanks for sharing!

13. Mommy Cracked
    17/12/2007 at 4:06 pm (7 years ago)

Those ornaments are so cute! You have done a fabulous job of decorating! It looks amazing. Merry Christmas!

14. Nicole (canadacole)
    17/12/2007 at 5:06 pm (7 years ago)

Those ornaments are adorable and I LOVE that first page you shared. I’m a paper scrapper but this makes me want to learn digital.

TFS!

15. windycorner
    17/12/2007 at 6:09 pm (7 years ago)

your little mince pies are the cutest thing ever. Too cute to eat!Merry Christmas,
    Holley

16. Anonymous
    17/12/2007 at 7:31 pm (7 years ago)

Beautiful decorations, i love the kids tree and the ornaments there. Thanks for sharing and have a Wonderful and Blessed Christmas.
    Jamie Lea

17. Jen
    17/12/2007 at 7:33 pm (7 years ago)

Your home is just so lovely! I really enjoyed the Christmas tour you have shared. Your mince pies look delicious. Have a very merry Christmas.
    Jen

18. Robin
    17/12/2007 at 7:50 pm (7 years ago)

Your home is so beautiful and festive! How fun to share Christmas with someone from Ireland! Merry Christmas to you and yours!

19. Gina
    17/12/2007 at 7:56 pm (7 years ago)

Love your little Nativity set – just adorable!

20. ~*Jennifer*~
    17/12/2007 at 8:52 pm (7 years ago)

Everything looks lovely! I really like that birdie ornament on the first tree. :)

21. Tammy
    17/12/2007 at 8:58 pm (7 years ago)

So great to “meet” you…thanks for stopping by and it was such fun seeing your beautiful Christmas decor!
    I love both your trees…and the nativities are so very sweet!
    Blessings!

22. Susanne
    17/12/2007 at 9:05 pm (7 years ago)

Very lovely decorating. Thank you for your tour.

23. KC
    17/12/2007 at 9:17 pm (7 years ago)

That beautiful decorations. Thank you for inviting us to tour with ou today. Merry Christmas

24. blue thistle books
    17/12/2007 at 9:31 pm (7 years ago)

Hi JanMary!

Love your layout! And your home and decorations are just beautiful!
    Glad to hear you are in Northern Ireland, as I have many long lost relatives in Portadown. Surprising how the older generations let such things slip. Sad really.

Well, I hope you have a Merry Christmas and happy digiscrapping!

Mycrazylife

17/12/2007 at 10:08 pm (7 years ago)

You have decorated with a perfect balance of simple/homey… what a pleasure to ‘drop in’ to your house. Thanks for inviting us along – and you are doing a good job of keeping me awake. Got a chuckle of the Jesus Helicopter! Off to see the slideshow.

hugs~ Barb

26. Rhondi
    18/12/2007 at 12:22 am (7 years ago)

Your home is lovely

27. sMC
    18/12/2007 at 1:23 am (7 years ago)

thanks for having me. Love the decorations. I found mine changed as the kids grew up. It is to please me now, but I remember paper chains and lanterns with fond memories. btw My lower class Santsa are so called because they are a bit more up beat than the old fashioned ones. Seasons Greetings

28. Big Mama
    18/12/2007 at 3:10 am (7 years ago)

I love your decorations. So cute!

29. Joyful Days
    18/12/2007 at 4:13 am (7 years ago)

I don’t know what I like best it is all beautiful. And the young man at the beginning–definitely NICE.

Blessings!

30. Lana G!
    18/12/2007 at 5:15 am (7 years ago)

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

What a wonderful visit I had here in Ireland! Hope to really visit your beautiful country soon!!

Just wonderful loved it all!

31. Dianne
    18/12/2007 at 5:19 am (7 years ago)

Merry Christmas! Your home looks charming! Thanks for inviting us in.

32. Rhondi
    18/12/2007 at 12:21 pm (7 years ago)

Hi I came back again to say thanks for visiting my blog and to check out the slide show of Belfast. I’ve never been to Ireland but have wanted to go for some time. Maybe one day!
    Rhondi

33. Nonie Mae....
    18/12/2007 at 4:31 pm (7 years ago)

Your home is beautiful! I love that layout too!!

34. Tammy
    18/12/2007 at 5:24 pm (7 years ago)

Very Beautiful! Thanks for dropping by. I’m looking forward to taking the time to browse your archives very soon!

35. BJ @ http://freedomfiles.homeschooljournal.net
    18/12/2007 at 5:55 pm (7 years ago)

How fun to see a home from across the pond! My ancestors came here from Ireland in the late 1700′s, so I always perk up when I see/hear Ireland. *waves from the Atlantic Coast of Canada* Merry Christmas!

36. Julie
    18/12/2007 at 6:06 pm (7 years ago)

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Irish Christmas trees, and I must say that yours are especially lovely.

Blessings to you and yours.

Merry Christmas!

37. Jennifer
    18/12/2007 at 6:17 pm (7 years ago)

Love your decorations! You have such beautiful nativities! Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas to you & yours!

Jennifer :-)

38. Mercy's Maid
    18/12/2007 at 8:38 pm (7 years ago)

Jesus helicopter! I love it!

Merry Christmas.

39. vicaragekate
    18/12/2007 at 8:51 pm (7 years ago)

Really beautiful home and decorations – I love your digi-scrapbooking too, I’d never come across it before!

40. MammyT
    19/12/2007 at 12:19 am (7 years ago)

It’s my first time visiting you. I must come back again. thank you for sharing.
    MammyT

41. Carol
    19/12/2007 at 2:22 am (7 years ago)

I am so thankful that my dear friend vicky told me to check out this tour. I enjoyed your tour. What a treat to be able to see into such lovely homes at christmas time. I must add it is so good to see that the true meaning of christmas being told in your home and all over the world through the decorations.
    May you and your family have a very blessed Christmas.
    Carol
    G’ville, SC USA

42. Jodi
    19/12/2007 at 2:57 am (7 years ago)

Thanks for opening up your home for the Christmas tour. Yours if very festive!! Thanks for stopping by mine.

43. Nise'
    19/12/2007 at 4:01 am (7 years ago)

The nativity set is adorable. I enjoyed my visit to your home.

44. Melissa Markham
    19/12/2007 at 4:36 pm (7 years ago)

Everything looks lovely and I love the pictures of your son! The Rudolph hat is delightful! I love mince pies and haven’t had any in years:) Veel free to send a couple across the pond;) Merry Christmas!

45. Lolly
    20/12/2007 at 12:30 pm (7 years ago)

Your house and decorations and beautiful! Wishing you and your family a blessed Christmas.

46. mwmuse
    23/12/2007 at 2:15 pm (7 years ago)

Thank you for sharing. It all looks very pretty! :)